The first long glimpse of a house, as a potential buyer steers toward the curb and then slows to a stop, is a critical moment. It could be an experience of love at first sight or immediate dislike—or something in between. As the seller, you definitely want the person who's shopping for a home to begin developing a good impression of your house before they step out of the car or click on your online listing. Here are five ways to ensure that happens.
1. Make Your Front Door Look Fantastic. Do something special with the front door. It's not just the barrier blocking the entrance to your home; it's the focal point of an artistic composition—and it needs to be worthy of that focus. Give it a splash of color, polish the metal fixtures, or add an accent in the form of a heritage wreath or decorative knocker.
2. Do Some Landscaping. The lawn has to be lush and green and recently mowed—but that's not enough. Plant a fringe of flowers along the edge facing the house, or install a low hedge at the curb or sidewalk. A carpet of green is impressive but not necessarily inviting. Adding an extra element completes the picture and transforms a house into a home.
3. Add Inexpensive Accents. Short on time and money? Just add pairs (two or four) of big stone flowerpots as accent pieces along the walkway or (if there's room) on either side of the porch. Insert some colorful flowers, and—voilà—your home's exterior view now includes new shapes to delight the eye.
4. Enhance Evening Curb Appeal. Add decorative lighting to improve the evening curb view. Install low-voltage lighting—or solar lamps—along the driveway or along the walkway to your front door. Invest in a premium-quality front porch light fixture.
5. Don't Forget the Roof. Yes, remedying any visual impediments in the roof area can be pricey—but doing nothing may not be a viable option if you want the house to sell for its value. If there are a few loose shingles marring the overall view, or if the rain gutter is twisted and uneven, get a quote from a roofer for the cost of a touch-up.
If the interior of your home is perfection, but its curb view is lacking, your house may not attract the attention—and the offers—it deserves. Before the "For Sale" sign is erected, do whatever is necessary to ensure that potential buyers fall in love with the view when they stop in front of your house.
Author:Stephanie Gonzalez Phone: 214-454-4646 Dated: May 23rd 2016 Views: 487 About Stephanie: About Halo
We understand that for many people, buying or selling a home is probably the largest i...
We understand that for many people, buying or selling a home is probably the largest investment decision that they will make in their lifetime. Halo Group Realty LLC thus became active in selling Real Estate in 2008 and was setup to make this process a simple and painless transaction. Your dedicated agent will guide you every step of the way to make purchasing or selling your home enjoyable and exciting… as it should be!
Today, Halo Group Realty LLC is at the cutting edge of technology in offering assistance to those in need of real estate services, and we have revolutionized the method of delivering education to consumers. Halo is established as the place for consumers to get the knowledge and assistance they deserve in the process of facilitating the Real Estate transaction, positioning you in the best possible situation to get the best price when you either to buy or sell. With leadership, innovation and forward thinking, Halo Group Realty, LLC is poised to make a huge impression in the real estate market while providing clients the keys to home ownership.
Our goal is to help make your dream a reality and take away all of the stress that goes along with purchasing or selling your home. Whether you are purchasing new construction, an existing home, or just an open space for future enjoyment, representation by a Halo agent is a valuable tool in making your dream become a reality.
Click here to view Homes For Sale in Gunter on at least an acre!
"Thank you for all of your support and help throughout my home buying process. I can't express enough how grateful I am. I don't think I could have made it through without your professional guidance. Thanks for everything Lynell Jones! "