Your small home has more storage space than you think. For relatively little money but a lot of common sense and ingenuity, there’s space to be found.
Findingstorage spacein a small home doesn’t require remodeling or room additions. Start by getting rid of accumulated stuff. Take a hard look at room space, and buy furniture and storage items that can do double duty.
Here are six tips to maximize storage that won’t empty your savings account:
1. Declutter.It’s the first thing architectSarah Susankaof “Not So Big House” tells clients who talk of expanding their homes. Haven’t used something for a couple of years? Pitch it, she says. You’ll be amazed at how much space opens up when you do.
2. Platform and bunk beds.Add space and eliminate a dresser in a small bedroom with a three-drawer or six-drawer platform bed. Find one at a furniture or big department store, andonline.
Cost: $400 to $600, queen size
Bunk beds won’t have drawers, but you'll save space by stacking beds. And kids love ‘em. They come in a variety of styles and configurations. Some willconvert to two twin beds.
Cost: $300 to $550
3. Shoe organizers.They’re for so much more than just shoes. Hang one in a kitchen closet or pantry, and use it as your small home catch-all for remotes, keys, notepads, cell phones, and chargers, and other household essentials. It’ll free up a kitchen drawer or two for other uses.
Cost: Less than $20
4. Toe-kick storage.Thespace under your kitchen cabinetsis a treasure trove of storage possibilities. Put placemats, napkins, cookie sheets, and how-to manuals there. Hire a cabinet-maker to install them, or request them as a custom feature in a new-cabinet order.
Cost: About $300 per drawer
5. Floor-to-ceiling storage.Furniture-style 6-foot-tall bookcases don’t use all available wall space. But extend shelving that extra two feet to the ceiling, and you’ve got room for a lot more books, knickknacks, or art objects. Home improvement stores have brackets and shelves in a variety of colors and sizes to match your décor.
We understand that for many people, buying or selling a home is probably the largest investment decision that they will make in their lifetime. Halo Group Realty LLC thus became active in selling Real Estate in 2008 and was setup to make this process a simple and painless transaction. Your dedicated agent will guide you every step of the way to make purchasing or selling your home enjoyable and exciting… as it should be!
Today, Halo Group Realty LLC is at the cutting edge of technology in offering assistance to those in need of real estate services, and we have revolutionized the method of delivering education to consumers. Halo is established as the place for consumers to get the knowledge and assistance they deserve in the process of facilitating the Real Estate transaction, positioning you in the best possible situation to get the best price when you either to buy or sell. With leadership, innovation and forward thinking, Halo Group Realty, LLC is poised to make a huge impression in the real estate market while providing clients the keys to home ownership.
Our goal is to help make your dream a reality and take away all of the stress that goes along with purchasing or selling your home. Whether you are purchasing new construction, an existing home, or just an open space for future enjoyment, representation by a Halo agent is a valuable tool in making your dream become a reality.