Why Most Of Your Leads Are Dead Before You Even Call Them
Why Most Of Your Leads Are Dead Before You Even Call Them
Why Most of Your Leads are Dead Before You Even Call Them
Fifteen minutes can be the difference between a deal and no deal
If 15 minutes pass before you follow up with a lead, that lead’s vital signs will begin a slow and steady decline. The peaks and valleys of the heart monitor will become less and less pronounced. The silence between the beeps will grow longer, until finally, within 24 hours, you get a flat line. The words code blue are followed by Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and drugs, but to no avail. Time of death is pronounced and another opportunity is set for burial.
Speed for Leads Speed is important in many professions. In sports, no doubt. The medical field? Life depends on speed and yes, so does real estate. Granted, it’s not a life or death situation but if you plan to make a living in real estate, a key component in the lifeblood of your business must be speed. Where speed is most essential in real estate is in the time it takes to follow up with leads.
If you take anything away from this document, take this and remember it – a lead is only as good as your follow up. The NAR has found that if you call a lead within 15 minutes, you have an 85% chance of actually connecting with that lead. Here’s an even juicier NAR statistic – 74% of homeowners use the first agent they talk to.
Feeding Speed So the question is how do you add speed to your follow up? Here are some options:
1. First make speed and specifically the 15-minute rule, a priority starting with yourself and then with your assistants. Talk about it at meetings, put up signs near the phone, on computers and in the hallways.
2. E-mail auto responders – Just make sure the auto response message is written in a way that comes across as human and not robot-like. Write something like this – “Hi! Thanks for your message. I’ll call you soon. In the meantime, click here for my newest free report on ABC neighborhood.” or some other kind of news or freebie to engage them with your company.
3. Interactive voice response systems (IVR) – These systems are fantastic – they capture phone numbers and even how the lead heard about you. We set up IVR systems for our clients and train them on how to use them effectively. Some have reported getting up to 4,000 leads a month with their IVR.
4. Phone – Yes, in the 21st century, the phone does sound old fashioned next to IVRs and e-mails, but it has been proven to be the most effective way to convert leads into business. Yes, it’s more difficult, but nothing beats a human response and a human voice. Remember, ear-to-ear leads to face-to-face. To stand out from the competition, answer your phone on the weekends, most agents don’t.
5. Proceed with Leads – Once your response strategy is in place, assess how you proceed with those leads. Do you have a system in place that coddles them and makes them want to stay with you and do business with you?
I can’t count how many times I’ve heard this from agents: “I don’t know what happened. I was working with them and then they listed with another agent.” I then ask for details and invariably they’ve let a lull occur. They say, “Well, I mailed them a card a couple of weeks ago.” You must stay in touch – either in person or by phone. You don’t sell anything to anyone by not talking to the person.
Why is it that some agents struggle to sell five homes in a year and others sell 100? Two words, lead management. Ask yourself if your lead management system is helping you achieve your sales objectives. If not, it’s time to invest in one that does.
We understand that for many people, buying or selling a home is probably the largest investment decision that they will make in their lifetime. Halo Group Realty LLC thus became active in selling Real Estate in 2008 and was setup to make this process a simple and painless transaction. Your dedicated agent will guide you every step of the way to make purchasing or selling your home enjoyable and exciting… as it should be!
Today, Halo Group Realty LLC is at the cutting edge of technology in offering assistance to those in need of real estate services, and we have revolutionized the method of delivering education to consumers. Halo is established as the place for consumers to get the knowledge and assistance they deserve in the process of facilitating the Real Estate transaction, positioning you in the best possible situation to get the best price when you either to buy or sell. With leadership, innovation and forward thinking, Halo Group Realty, LLC is poised to make a huge impression in the real estate market while providing clients the keys to home ownership.
Our goal is to help make your dream a reality and take away all of the stress that goes along with purchasing or selling your home. Whether you are purchasing new construction, an existing home, or just an open space for future enjoyment, representation by a Halo agent is a valuable tool in making your dream become a reality.
Listed here are 184 typical actions, research steps, procedures, proce
"Using Morgan as our realtor helped make this very stressful and overwhelming process of selling and buying a house easy! Not only is she extremely knowledgeable about the market here in DFW, she works so hard for her clients. Throughout the process, she went above and beyond the scope of her job descriptions from answering our many questions to hunting down the best rates on a moving company. More than all of that, she makes the time to get to know her clients in order to really figure out what their needs are. Morgan did a fantastic job with our listing and we had multiple offers by the end of the first night! Ended up accepting a fabulous offer less than 24 hours after we listed and I truly believe that without Morgan we would have had to wait longer than that. I cannot recommend Morgan enough. This market has a million realtors saying they'll get the job done- luckily Morgan does more than just getting the job done. If you're looking for a personal experience with a realtor who will go above and beyond for your family, Morgan is the realtor for you!""