14 Suggestions To An Owner
(on how to really help us sell
1. Tidy up the grounds - porches - garage. Keep lawn trimmed and edged. Make sure that your yard is clean of refuse.
2. Your front door gives a vital first
impression while a realtor and prospect wait for you to answer the bell. Be
sure it is scrubbed clean.
3. Dress up windows in freshly laundered
4. If any decoration is needed (especially
kitchen) do it now! $20.00 worth of
paint may balance $100 in a price
cut. Bathrooms help sell homes. Make this room sparkle.
5. Keep all steps clear of hazards.
6. Don't forget to have all light sockets filled with bulbs. Illumination is like a welcome sign.
The potential buyers will feel a glowing warmth when you turn on all
your lights for an evening
7. Wash dishes, put away clothes, straighten up
8. Make up beds with attractive spreads.
9. Keep pets out of the way when showing. (One type of prospect is annoyed - the other
gets attention diverted.)
10. Avoid having too many
people present during inspections. The
potential buyer will feel like an
intruder and will hurry through the house.
Do not allow children to tag along on the
11. Leave showing the
house up to the realtor. It is his/her
business to sell; he/she can lead up
to basic reactions alone better than with running conversational help. The salesman knows
the buyer's requirements and can best emphasize the features of your home. You will
be called if needed.
12. Don't discuss anything
concerning the sale with the customer.
Let the realtor discuss price,
terms, possession, and other factors with the customer. He/she is eminently qualified to bring negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
apologize for appearance. It only
accents or distracts.
try to sell furniture to a customer before the deal is complete.