Kitchen Improvements Under $100 Want to spruce up your kitchen but stuck on a tight budget? Check out this list of improvements you can get started on for under $100. These tips can come in
Annual MaintenanceA common expectation of homeowners is to want the components and systems in their home to work when they need them. Periodic maintenance is just as important as having a trusted service provider to make necessary repairs. Victims of Murphy’s Law can attest that their air conditioner goes out on the hottest day of the year or the water heater fails when you have out of town visitors. If the convenience of having things work doesn’t justify maintaining your home’s systems, consider that it can be less expensive than the results of neglect causing repairs or replacement.
- Replace burned-out, dim or missing bulbs in light fixtures and lamps. Consider switching to LED bulbs.
- Dryer exhaust vents build up lint even though you may be cleaning the filter regularly.
- Fire extinguishers need to be recharged or replaced after expiration date.
- Establish a recurring appointment on your calendar to change filters in your HVAC.
- Replace missing or damaged caulk around sinks, bathtubs, showers, windows and other areas.
- Clean gutters.
- Schedule an inspection with a pest control a minimum of once a year unless you have a service contract.
- Schedule a chimney cleaning prior to using the fireplace for the first time in the season.
- Keep all tree branches and shrubs trimmed away from the home.
- Pressure wash exterior, deck, patio, sidewalks and driveway.
- Keep levels of insulation in the attic above your ceiling joists.
appliances with water lines for leaks or worn hoses.
• ice maker • washing machine • dishwasher • others
- Test all GFI breakers and reset.
- Inspect all electrical outlets for broken receptacles, fire hazards or loose fitting plugs.
- Have furnace and air conditioner serviced annually.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries.
As a Residential Finance Consultant, I have the training and experience to provide solutions to make homes more marketable and help structure favorable transactions. Please forward this article to your friends or family who could benefit from it.
Kupke & Tackett, Realtors
Halo Group Realty