REDUCING ITEMS ON AN INSPECTION REPORT
12 easy fixes for homeowners
• Replace batteries in smoke detectors and/or install smoke
detectors in each bedroom, hall and on each floor level.
• Replace missing or broken switch and outlet cover plates.
• Repair leaky faucets.
• Tighten loose doorknobs.
• Repair or replace exterior door weather stripping.
• Caulk doors and windows at the exterior brick/siding.
• Replace damaged or missing screens.
• Replace broken panes of glass in doors and windows.
• Replace burned-out light bulbs.
• Secure loose hand and stair railings.
• Patch holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, then repaint.
• Replace heating and air conditioning filters.
Brought to you by the
Collin County Association of REALTORS® Inspector Committee