AVOID THESE MISTAKES THAT DELAY LENDER APPROVALS If you’re getting ready to buy a home, you’re likely realizing that one of the most important parts of the process is getting approved for a
Importance Of Improving
Times change, styles change, and if you don't do something to keep your home updated you may see extra days on the market when you list your home. I can't tell you how many times I've shown a home that's only 7 years old and buyers pass because not one thing had been done to the home aesthetically. No one wants your ugly brass doorknobs or cheap builder-grade light fixtures. That is the LEAST you can do when updating your home. There are places online you can get AMAZING light fixtures for a very low cost. Even if you're only updating a few a year... you're ahead of the game. This is not to say that you should be TOO trendy, because trends change. Keep it classic.
What updates are buyers looking for other than newer light fixtures and updated door hardware? The following list are a few things that you can do to your home to NOT ONLY keep it up but that you, too, can enjoy:
- Crown Molding - Crown molding is always something that my buyers appreciate and it is a very inexpensive update.
- Stone countertops - www.go-granite.com is a great company that often has great specials on granite and quartz countertops. Ask Daneya what she has the best deal on. ALMOST ANYTHING is better than laminate countertops.
- Tile/flooring - Because no one wants to see linoleum. And if you have carpet in any wet area, it needs to go.
- Accent wall - The wall behind your bed in your master bedroom is a great way to add a nice touch. I'm hesitant to say paint because it tends to be a very personal thing. But if you go with a nice neutral (darker brown, a nice gray, etc) accent wall it can bring a lot of character to a room. If you can't paint properly, PLEASE GET SOMEONE WHO CAN!
- Kitchen backsplash - It can really make a difference. Make sure it looks professional. I've made the mistake of hiring cheap labor for tile work. Not a good choice.
- Covered Patio - Everyone enjoys a covered patio and often times it is a BIG selling point for buyers, especially in Texas
- Appliances - Not once in my career has any one sought after white appliances. Those days are gone.
love from your favorite Real Estate Pro,